Did you Know ?!
- “Based on a survey, it is estimated that Stanford alumni and faculty have created 39,900 companies since the 1930s, which if gathered collectively into an independent nation would constitute the world’s 10th largest economy”.
- Nearly 15 schools produced 70% of all patent license royalties for US universities in 2014 (https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-university-patents/).
- IITM monetized approximately Rupees Three crores and seventy five lakhs through patents for the year 2016-2017.
- Based on a survey, “The Pan IIT Project”, IITM filed 120 patents for the year 2016-2017 and surpasses other IITs.
- IIT Bombay tops the earnings through patents at ₹2.20 crores on an average for the past three years.
Please take time to read the description of four zones before you answer our survey below, you could be placed in any of these four zones depending on your feedback.
Starter: Welcome, you have begun the IP journey. This first step matters to us as much as it matters to you.
Aspirant: You are there, but not right there yet. You may need to tweak and revisit some of the IP policy to tread the uphill path.
Challenger: You have shown it and can do much better and compete with other premier institutions.
Forerunner: You are doing everything right but to stay at the top you need to maintain the portfolio and elicit more IPs to stay where you are.