Did you Know ?!
- “Based on a survey, it is estimated that Stanford alumni and faculty have created 39,900 companies since the 1930s, which if gathered collectively into an independent nation would constitute the world’s 10th largest economy”.
- Nearly 15 schools produced 70% of all patent licence royalties for US universities in 2014 (https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-university-patents/).
- IITM monetized approximately Rupees Three crores and seventy five lakhs through patents for the year 2016-2017.
- Based on a survey, “The Pan IIT Project”, IITM filed 120 patents for the year 2016-2017 and surpasses other IITs.
- IIT Bombay tops the earnings through patents at ₹2.20 crores on an average for the past three years.
Take this survey and assess where you are placed.